Should You Install Gutter Protection Systems for Your Home?
A gutter is a must-have for your home. Especially if you want to prevent water damage. However, the problem that can arise is clogging.
For this reason, it may be a good idea to install a gutter protection system for your home. Is it worth considering? This guide can help make that determination for you.
You will learn the pros and cons of investing in a gutter protection system including the various factors. Tired of clogged gutters in your home? Keep reading and find out how gutter protection systems will work best for you.
Benefits Of Installing Gutter Protection Systems
Gutter protection systems provide an excellent way to keep leaves and debris out of your gutters. This will allow water to flow freely away from your home. Custom rain gutters can even be installed with these protection systems.
You want to make sure that you choose the right size and shape that’s fit for your home’s build. On top of that, it’s important to make sure installing gutter protection systems will protect them from large debris or anything that may block water flow. Without this, overflows can occur and the water can reroute into your home.
A leaf filter will provide you with excellent gutter protection from leaves. However, you will need to maintain them yearly. Keep in mind that even with the low level of maintenance, you may need to inspect them regularly – particularly after rainy weather to see if they are living up to the task.
When it comes to gutter protection systems, they can protect your home for years to come. It will also add value to your property as well. Whether you plan on selling the home or not, you’ll be surprised what some changes to your gutter will do to increase your home’s value.
Types Of Gutter Protection Systems
There are plenty of gutter protection systems to consider. These include but are not limited to screen, micro mesh, brush, foam, and surface-tension gutter guards.
- Mesh screens will do a great job keeping out small amounts of debris such as pine needles, twigs, and other threats to water flow.
- Screens can be simple to install. But since they are not secured by screws, they may be knocked off by branches on a windy day. If your home is surrounded by trees, you might not want to install this kind of gutter protection system as they can be knocked off easily.
- Surface-tension gutter guards are a bit more expensive compared to micromesh and screens. Plus, they are not necessarily the DIY type. These can be installed by a professional if needed.
- Brush gutter guards will be great for blocking out large debris while foam ones will be easy to install and won’t cost you an arm and a leg. However, foam guards won’t be useful if you live in an area where heavy precipitation is normal. That’s because the rain will saturate the foam and cause the gutters to overflow. Depending on the climate you’re in, you may have a good option or a bad option when it comes to gutter protection systems.
- Leaf filter gutter protection will be great if you live in an area where leaves fall during the fall time. Be sure to make sure that your gutters are clean almost-year round to ensure that water continues to flow. The winter months in snowy climates can make gutter maintenance a challenge.
For that reason, you may want to consider adding a gutter helmet or heat cables. These can be useful for keeping your gutters functional while preventing any kind of damage due to snow and ice. The purpose of the helmet is to adjust the temperature accordingly to ensure that the gutters are free of snow and ice blockage.
Cost Of Installing Gutter Protection Systems
It’s always a good idea to invest in your home. Especially when you make a smart financial decision like installing gutter protection systems. The cost will depend on several factors.
This will include the materials you want, the size of your home, and how it’s installed. A professional installation can cost you a bit more because of labor costs. You’ll save money on that particular expense if you are installing it yourself.
No matter what gutter protection system you choose, it’s important to make sure you protect your gutter from any damage that may be caused by debris or anything else that can clog gutters.
Pros And Cons Of Installing Gutter Protection Systems
Finally, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of installing gutter protection systems. Let’s take a look at the pros first:
- An effective way to keep debris out. This means you won’t have to climb up a ladder to clean them out every few months
- Aesthetically pleasing. It will look great on your home. Copper gutters will provide you with that touch of class. But the protection systems will help preserve that look.
- They need to be monitored occasionally to ensure if they are functioning properly. The best time to do it is after adverse weather conditions such as rain, wind, thunderstorms, etc.
- It may not be covered by your homeowner’s insurance policy in the event of climate-related situations such as heavy weather or debris. If you have homeowner’s insurance, you may ask your provider about whether or not your gutters are protected. It may depend on the condition and how they were damaged. Intentional damage will be one instance where insurance won’t be able to cover your gutters.
If you are tired of buildup and overflow in your gutters, it’s time to install a gutter protection system that will work for you. Don’t skip out on the opportunity to protect your home against potential water damage. You owe it to your home.
After installing a gutter protection system, it will serve you well for years to come. The sooner you install one, the better. Good luck in finding the right one for your gutter.
Contact Storm Master Gutters for answers to any further questions!