5 Benefits of Large Gutters
If you are in the market for a new gutter system, consider the benefits of choosing a large size for your gutters. They come in the standard 5 inch as well as over-sized versions at 6, 7 or 8 inches. While oversized gutters aren’t the perfect fit for every property, they can provide some extra protection from the weather.
Here are 5 benefits of large rain gutters.
1. Less Clogging, Better Protection
The extra inches do matter when it comes to a gutter’s ability to do its job. Larger rain gutters have a larger capacity to handle the rainwater and leaf debris that flow through it. This means less risk of clogging and better protection against water damage, especially when those heavy storms hit. If you have a lot of surface area to your roof and/or a steep pitch, then large rain gutters are particularly recommended.
2. Works Better with Complicated Layouts
Some roof layouts are more complicated than others depending on the size and type of the house build. If you need a custom gutter system, then larger gutters are going to not only fit better, but also perform better.
3. Gives Your Home a More Striking Look
Choosing large gutters is not just a practical decision. They also give a very unique aesthetic to your home. They can be really striking looking, especially when combined with the right type of material.
4. Works Better with Half Round Gutters
Because half-round gutters are not as deep as K-Style gutters, choosing a larger size than the traditional 5-inch is the smart decision. That way you won’t have a lot of water overflow and subsequent damage to your home.
5. Still Effective When You Only Have 1 Downspout
When you have a gutter that is more than 40 feet long, but only have 1 downspout, this can be of concern. Your system will be more prone to leaks and damage. That is where the large gutter size comes in. With the large gutter size, the system will be able to accommodate more water and debris even though there is only one downspout.
Besides the size of your gutters, you also need to decide what types of gutters you want to use. Here are the most popular choices available today:
- Vinyl Gutters have many benefits including how easy they are to install and how they will never rust. They are so easy to install in fact that homeowners can easily do it themselves because these gutters are lightweight and are easily put together. They are also one of the more inexpensive choices.
- Aluminum Gutters, like vinyl gutters they don’t rust and are easy to install. If you live in colder climes though, aluminum gutters are a superior choice because they won’t crack or degrade in the colder temperatures as easily. With aluminum gutters, you can also paint them to match the color of the outside of your house. The one drawback is that aluminum can be easily dented or bent out of shape. You can combat this though by only choosing high quality aluminum for your gutters.
- Stainless Steel Gutters are also a great option, but they are more expensive than vinyl or aluminum gutters. On the positive side though, they are stronger and sturdier than the other two types of gutters and they don’t rust.
- Copper Gutters are often used by homeowners who are trying to keep the original look to their older homes. They are beautiful to look at, but tend to be more expensive.
At Storm Masters, we have been providing gutters and gutter services like gutter installation for over 40 years now and we guarantee affordable and reliable products and services always. We can also help you with any of your custom gutter projects big or small, specializing in seamless half-round gutters and oversized gutters. We have designed and installed custom gutter systems for all types of properties from apartment buildings and single family homes to commercial properties. We also provide gutter cleaning, gutter repair and protection services.
To protect your gutters from damage and leaks, we offer a variety of products like the LeaFree, Leaf Relief and GutterRX. LeaFree keeps debris out, but allows the water to flow freely down to the ground. Leaf Relief by PlyGem adds extra support to your gutter system to reduce the normal wear and tear that occurs especially with bad weather. The GutterRX, on the other hand, completely encloses your gutters so no wildlife can get in. If the chore you hate the most is cleaning out the gutters, then these products can help reduce the amount of debris you will have to clean up.
Want to learn more about how we can help you protect your home from water damage and whether large gutters are right for you? Call us for a free estimate today. Don’t wait until you start noticing water damage which can be very expensive to repair to do something about your old or damaged gutters. Be proactive and take care of any problems now before things get worse.